Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Cafe Casuarina
4/77 Douglas Parade
Williamstown VIC 3016

Opening Hours: Breakfast & Lunch (7 days a week)

Last Saturday morning, we (Eddie, Pete and myself) visited Cafe Casuarina for an early breakfast. Mind you, the early I am talking about is about 8am. Usually I am still in bed but Eddie had a haircut appointment at 10am so for once, I was an early riser.

By the time we got to the cafe, there were already a few people enjoying their breakkie. We were seated in the booth right up the back (as per our request). First observations, the cafe was really clean and the decor was nice and simple.




Whilst we couldn't decide what to order from their delicious menu, I looked over and saw Jason practicing his flower arrangement skills.

When we were ready to order, Jason promptly came to our booth and took our order. I chose the freshly squeezed juice as my choice of drink, I was asked what I would like in it and I told Jason to surprise me.


my delicious combination of orange, carrot and green apple :)

Before the food promptly arrived at our table, I strolled over to the open kitchen and took this shot of the lovely Lien preparing our food.
Lien; chef and owner of Cafe Casuarina.

It did not take long for our food to arrive at our table, before anyone could eat, I had to snap a few shots of our delicious looking food.



The verdict? Not only does the food look good, it taste really good too. I ordered the braised mushrooms which consisted of 5 types of mushrooms braised with red onion and garlic served with toasted ciabatta topped with two poached eggs, goats' cheese and paris butter.

Here is a close up of the amazing braised mushrooms...



There was nothing left on the plate once I was done with it. For all you mushroom lovers out there, this dish is a must order.

As I am not a coffee drinker, I judge a cafe by how well they poach their eggs and Cafe Casuarina does this perfectly :)


I did not manage to taste their sweet offerings as I was super full from my breakkie but just to let you know, all their sweet treats are baked on site by the lovely Lien!

If you are in the neighbourhood, do drop by Cafe Casuarina to enjoy their amazing selection of food and friendly customer service :) Cafe Casuarina on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1772162/restaurant/Melbourne/Cafe-Casuarina-Williamstown

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/12021/Melbourne/Food-For-My-Belly.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/12021/Melbourne/Food-For-My-Belly.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,

    In addition to our Port Melbourne venue, we have just recently launched a new cafe in Prahran, and would love you to come in and try our coffee and food. I am more than happy to offer you and your husband breakfast or lunch on the house. We have a mix of interesting dishes including Russian Specials, American inspired BBQ, Vegan, and Vegetarian.
    Our chef is the legendary Ryo Kitahara, a protégé of Iron Chef Sakai, and with nearly 70 menu options, there is plenty of choice. It sounds like you might enjoy our Big Breakfast for the Hungry Soul, or Crunchy Risotto Hash Brown. Just let me know which day you would like to come in!


    Kind regards,

    Greg
    www.thirdwavecafe.com.au
    thirdwavecafe@gmail.com
    Ph: 0435 891 944

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon,

    Thank you for taking the time to blog about our café. I wanted to let you know about a new BBQ Rib Eating Competition we have just launched.

    Starting from the 24th of February and over the next 6 weeks we will be holding BBQ Rib Eating contest once a week. With the 6 finalists to battle it out for the $1000 cash prize on Monday 7th of April.

    The competition is simple, eat as many American BBQ Ribs as you can in 35 minutes plus a side of coleslaw (coleslaw must be fully consumed to qualify).

    Entry fee is $99 and the winner on each night will get their money fully refunded. Entry into the final is also free.

    The ultimate winner will receive $1000 in prize money, an obligatory T-Shirt and their picture on the Wall of Fame. Registrations to the event are made online at
    www.thirdwavecafe.com.au/competition.php We are planning on making it a biennial event.

    If you think, your readers may be interested in the event, could you write about it. If you have any questions, please contact me on info@thirdwavecafe.com.au or on 9676 2399.

    Thanks for your interest,

    Greg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days